While we’ve already covered many Rockchip RK3328 TV boxes and development boards, if you want a TV stick form factor the choice becomes much more limited.
So far I was only aware of Rikomagic RKM V3 , but today I’ve come across ULEWELL Z28 MINI, selling for about $40 on Aliexpress with 2GB RAM, 16 GB storage, HDMI 2.0a, and a USB 3.0 port.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264. 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power button and LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 94 x 32 x 11 mm
- Weight – 24 grams
The specifications also list a micro SD card (“TF card”), but it’s not apparent on any of the photos. The stick runs Android 7.1 OS (not Android TV).
A mini PC takes up less amount of space compared to a typical desktop and they look much tidier. They are easier to move around too. Let our experts find you the best mini PC or tablet for home use. Check Our Editors' Choices 2018: